Saturday, October 07, 2006

Travels

Well I just got back from a great trip to the States. It was really awesome to catch up with friends again. Six months doesn't seem that long at first, but actually a lot can change. Two friends got married in that space and two more will be married by the time I come around again. I feel like I've been traveling though a time warp.

This last week back at work in CR was crazy. I've barely had time to unpack. This morning I met up with some of my friends here, and they introduced me to the local Parque de DiversiĆ³nes. With only two major roller coasters (and I'm being generous) it wasn't exactly the Six Flags I grew up with, but it was nice to walk around and practice my Spanish. Speaking of which....

I'm trying to workout taking off all of December up to Christmas for an intensive Spanish course. My plan is to fly down to Buenos Aires, Argentina and do a program there. I've been wanting to return to BA since I visited there with Highlands a couple years ago, and see the family I stayed with. A solid three weeks there would be incredible. I just have to make sure that absolutely everything I do at work is covered, which isn't exactly trivial, but I think I can make it happen. Wish me luck.

No comments: