Monday, May 29, 2006

The Wrong Way Around the World

Forty hours of travel, that's what the Cebuanos have to look forward to. Their plane should be taking off shortly for a brief stop in Havanna (yes, that Havanna), then Frankfurt, then Bangkok, then Manila, and finally Cebu. It has been exhausing living with them, but now that they're leaving I really miss them. I got to know them well, and they included me entirely in their lives. I don't envy them trying to start an office where there is virtually no overlap with the US and CR, but I know they'll be happy to see their families again.

It was amazing that such a small group of people could bring such drama. God rolled up his sleaves and began some hard work on people. I feel honored to have seen lives being challenged up close, but this work is just getting started and it's been painful so far. I was completely out of my depth in knowing how to advise people, but I had a few right insticts that at least I was able to play a small part, mostly in prayer. Keep them in your prayers. They've got trials that no one saw coming.

Here are some pictures from their trip. The first is with the CR developers, and the second is with our company driver Alfredo and his wife at their house in the hills (a beautiful drive if a bit nauseating with all the switchbacks and potholes).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is the wrong way around the world! They might as well go by ship! It makes me tired to think about it. I'm so glad you had such a great time with them.
Love - Mom